Sunhillo’s Counterfeit Parts Policy is documented in an internal procedure that is compliant with SAE AS5553 – Fraudulent/Counterfeit Electronic Parts: Avoidance, Detection, Mitigation, and Disposition and with DFARS 252.246-7007 Contractor Counterfeit Electronic Part Detection and Avoidance System.
The Sunhillo Counterfeit Parts Procedure addresses the performance, reliability, and safety issues caused by the presence of counterfeit electrical, electronic, and electromechanical (EEE) parts in the supply chain. The overall goal of having a counterfeit parts control procedure in place is to:
- Maximize availability of authentic parts
- Purchase parts from reliable sources
- Provide training to relevant personnel
- Assure authenticity of procured parts
- Control suspect or confirmed counterfeit parts
- Report suspect or confirmed counterfeit parts to other potential users and Authority having Jurisdiction
- Assess, mitigate, control, and report parts which have been used, refurbished, or reclaimed but represented as a new product
The procedure applies to all Sunhillo products and specifies key contractual provisions for suppliers such as training, risk mitigation, inspection, handling and reporting of suspect parts.